Happy 2017!! I want to thank all of the fellow readers and bloggers as well as all the wonderful authors who made 2016 a great year to start a book blog. I wish everyone all the best for this New Year.
This New Year I am embracing the “starting fresh” mood that comes in January. For me this means a brand new planner and new lists. And for those of you who don’t know, I am a huge fan of lists and stickies to put those lists on… So, what does that mean for the blog?
Well, of course, I made another list. I thought about what I want to accomplish with my reading this year and determined that I want to keep open to new pieces of literature and try to (every once in a while) step outside my comfort zone. For me that does mean, among other things, to branch into nonfiction and challenge myself. I also wanted to make sure I kept the fun in my reading.
So, here are my goals for 2017:
- Read and review 52 books
- Read a memoir
- Read a book with a one-word title
- Read a book of poetry
- Read a book I own, but haven’t read
- Read a debut novel
- Read a book set somewhere I would like to visit
- Read a banned book
- Read a book I can finish in a day
- Read a book I pick based on its cover
- Read a book nominated for an award in 2017
- Read a nonfiction book
- Read a book set around a holiday that is not Christmas
- Read a book that a friend recommends
- Read a book of short stories
- Read a book with a number in the title
- Read a book by a female author
What are your literary goals this year? Let me know below and Happy Reading!